The pharaoh ant is found in homes, multi-dwelling buildings, offices, bakeries, grocery stores, restaurants, hospitals, pet stores, and so on. The pharaoh ant is an opportunist that nests wherever it finds a suitable microclimate, i.e. sufficiently hot and humid.
- Coloring ranging from pale yellow to brown through red
- Colonies of this species have only one form of workers who are between 1.5 and 2.5 mm
- The pharaoh ant is an invasive species that has become practically cosmopolitan
- This species is established only in heated buildings
- It does not build a veritable anthill well structured like other species
- Eats sweet foods
- Eats fat and high protein foods
- Hunts small insects
- The pharaoh ant is a social insect
- One nest can have up to 300,000
- There are many queens in the same colony
- Multiplies its colonies by budding
If you think you have an Pharaoh ant infestation, and you think that it has established itself, act before there are several laying queens, this makes its eradication very difficult once it is installed in number.
Call us without further delay before the infestation becomes more serious! An expert will be available to answer your questions and indicate the right steps to follow.